I haven’t posted anything here since Spring and that makes me realise again how fast time passes. I took the past months for family time, doing book covers and sorting out what I want for my career as artist (which may be subject of a new blogpost!). In other words, was a time where I had to shut down the noise and focus on important personal aspects of my life. Continue reading “My new Facebook Page is here!”
For the past two years (2015, 2016), I have attended one of the most exciting events in the Computer Graphic Arts, the IAM Master Classes, taking place in Paris, during the second half of March. This amazing celebration of teaching and learning Concept art, Character art, Digital illustration, Visual FX, Modelling, Animation and so on is arranged by IAM.co (It’s Art Mag) and its founder, Patrice Leymarie & Co. Traditionally counts with some of the greatest names in the CG Arts and gathers an enthusiastic crowd from all over the globe.
This year I didn’t attend the event, and I was afraid that a heavy sense of emptiness would hand on my shoulders, since I miss the great energy I could feel there the previous years…
However, life gifted med with an incredible opportunity: I was invited to teach an arts workshop related to a national event called UKM (Ung kultur møtes) – which would translate more or less into “Young culture meets”. As the name suggests, it is a series of cultural festivals, where kids and teens get to show music, arts, performance, dance, etc. Some days after the workshop, on the day of the local festival, I was there and helped to organise the visual arts exhibition and had a very difficult, yet honorable duty: to be part of the jury, for both visual arts and music!
I loved to be there and meet some of my own students as well meet other awesome kids and teens from the local community. There were bands, duos and solo artists, and many beautiful drawings, paintings and other types of visual works. It was also nice to see the parents and families, eagerly cheering for the kids. It was one of the best things I have experienced in my life.
On the other hand, I was extremely nervous and worried about doing the right thing as a judge. All the kids/teens that showed their talent that evening deserve my sincerest respect and support, it wasn’t easy to vote on just a few artists. Those most voted will now go further, until the national finals. Good luck to them 🙂
What will the next year being? Master Classes in Paris or UKM in Snillfjord? I would like to take both! Unfortunately, I couldn’t take any pictures during the UKM, since I was very busy. So I leave you with a shot of the previous Master Classes.
I just opened a profile on Instagram. I have much to learn about using the platform and I look forward to meet and connect with both artists and art fans out there!
My profile is here: instagram.com/helheimendes.art
One of my favourite artists, Pierangelo Boog, friend and someone I greatly admire has sent me an email. Yes, we artists trade ideas off social media too! And he attached an image that made me smile and refreshed my day. I am sharing with you one of Angelo’s many beautiful works. He is a master of pencils, ink, paint and digital painting.
Angelo has now a new set of print for sale, it’s called Moleskine Sketchbook. You can enjoy the drawings snapshots below. I copied them from the artist’s website.
A couple of months ago, I published a coffee-table book/art book edited by Clare Diston, Celine Frohn and myself :)That book is “The Picture of Dorian Gray in Quotes and Nudes” – with 60+ quotes from Oscar Wilde’s original work + 20 nude painting studies made by me. We got a license from CMG Worldwide for limited copies: only 300! There will be no reprint or second edition!
I share with you a selection of 15 OSCAR WILDE quotes from our book + 5 art nude studies. Enjoy!
There is only one thing in this world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. ~ Lord Henry
- But beauty, real beauty, ends where intellectual expression begins. ~ Lord Henry
- Every portrait that is painted with feeling, is a portrait of the artist, not the sitter. The sitter is merely the accident, the occasion. It is not he who is revealed by the painter, it is rather the painter who, on the colored canvas, reveals himself. ~ Basil Hallward
- Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love: it is the faithless who know love’s tragedies. ~ Lord Henry
- I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters and, and my enemies for their good intellects. ~ Lord Henry
- I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in this world. ~ Lord Henry
- Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. ~ Lord Henry
- He was trying to gather up the scarlet threads of his life, to weave them into a pattern; to find his way through the sanguine labyrinth of passion through which he was wondering. ~ Narrator
- We live in an age that reads too much to be wise, and that thinks too much to be beautiful. ~ Lord Henry
- He grew more and more enamoured of his own beauty, more and more interested in the corruption of his own soul. ~ Narrator
- Sin is a thing that writes itself across a man’s face. It cannot be concealed. ~ Basil Hallward
- Nobody ever commits a crime without doing something stupid. ~ Alan Campbell
- To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, wake up early and be respectable. ~ Lord Henry
- I have never searched for happiness. Who wants happiness? I have searched for pleasure. ~ Dorian Gray
I wish I could love, but I seem to have lost the passion and forgot the desire. ~ Dorian Gray
You can BUY “The Picture of Dorian Gray in Quotes and Nudes” exclusively at TragicBooks.com website.
Click HERE to see the official page for this project.
Here is a snippet of what IVMag editor says:
I came across BlutEngel‘s music via Intravenous Mag from UK and I confess it is q quite new band for me, been enjoying it for about 3-4 months. However, it was love at the first audition! ❤ Since then I became an instant fan. I love how Chris Pohl & Co craft many nuances of electronic dark music with lyrics both clever and touching for us dark souls. I personally relate to the lyrics and feel as if they were crafted for me.
So far, I like most music I have had access to, via internet and via the few albums I have home. And here are my absolute favourites – to this day.
#1 – Kinder dieser Stadt
#2 – Asche zu Asche
#3 – Über den Horizont
I had a busy end of year for the past couple of months and the blogging has been meager. But then, hey, this is a place to chill out, not to stress about getting things done. And I’d like to share two refreshing tidbits from my Christmas. There were more, of course, such as calling my family, who lives in São Paulo, Brazil, and enjoying the holiday with my husband and his family here in dark mid-Norway, where we live. I have baked 5 types of “kjekks” or biscuits with my mother-in-law and even though it was a lot, they are about to end. And some of them we did without nuts, gluten free and lactose free due to my Histamine Intolerance problem. ^.^
I got a really nice surprise from the USA, a lovely, beautiful card with a very nice message from a girl that was part of the Beta Reader’s team for my latest/new novel “As Cold As Thorns”. She is a book blogger and has always been so supportive to me and other indie authors. ❤
And another lovely, super awesome tidbit was that I bought to myself a Christmas treat, BlutEngel‘s new album Nemesis, the best of with re-worked songs + Monument and guess what?! I got a super cool SIGNED card!!! 😀 More about this Gothic Band in the next, coming soon post.